REPORT: Roger Stone: Don’t gag me — I’m no Kim Kardashian
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
President Trump’s longtime pal Roger Stone on Friday asked a federal judge not to ban him from talking about his criminal case in the Russia probe — bizarrely arguing that he was a nobody compared to Kim Kardashian so his public blabbing posed no threat to the case.
He said people who closely follow politics might know his name, but he was “hardly ubiquitous in the larger landscape of popular consciousness.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Stone in court papers then contrasted his limited social media presence to that of Kardashian, the actress, entrepreneur and socialite.
“An example of how limited and narrow his public presence is, is that Kim Kardashian has 59.5 million followers on Twitter. By contrast, Roger Stone has no Twitter account at all and, thus has no Twitter followers,” Stone said.
“On Instagram, Kim Kardashian has 126 million followers. Roger Stone’s Instagram following amounts to 39 thousand subscribers.”
In a separate filing on Friday, the Department of Justice said it would not oppose a narrow order restricting all parties and lawyers from speaking publicly if it would be “substantially likely” to undermine Stone’s right to a fair trial.
Objecting to the court’s potential silencing, Roger Stone’s lawyers argued he is no Kim Kardashian https://t.co/oZQSyAxZxg
— POLITICO (@politico) February 8, 2019
Roger Stone is trying a new tactic in arguing against a federal judge who may restrict what he says in public: He’s claiming he’s not much of a celebrity.
Stone’s attorneys argue that while he’s known by some, he’s not nearly as famous as Kim Kardashian. https://t.co/EQVubembjD
— CNN (@CNN) February 8, 2019
— New York Post (@nypost) February 8, 2019
Roger Stone’s lawyers say they’ll fight any gag order bc limiting his free speech would jeopardize his “livelihood.” Prospective jurors may not even know him, they say, since he has fewer Instagram followers than Kim Kardashian https://t.co/rjLf4DBDjw pic.twitter.com/DlLEuFws30
— Allegra Kirkland (@allegrakirkland) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: How Minneapolis’ Somali community became the terrorist recruitment capital of the US
- REPORT: ICE arrests millionaire fugitives from Ecuador who donated to tens of thousands to Obama
- REPORT: Republicans respond to Trump’s national emergency declaration
- POLL: Are you losing confidence in President Trump
- TRUMP TWEET: Pokes at Dems – and one Republican – in new SOTU video montage (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Acosta Refers to Children of Angel Moms as ‘Allegedly Killed by Undocumented Immigrants’
- REPORT: Feds seize MASSIVE cocaine shipments, hidden in floorboards of ships
- VIDEO: Senator Suggests a Dem President Can Seize Guns With a National Emergency
- VIDEO: Pence met with silence after mentioning Trump in Munich speech
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a simple way to take a stand against creeping socialism in America