REPORT: Rosenstein makes unusual request regarding review of Kavanaugh documents
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has asked federal prosecutors to help the Department of Justice (DOJ) review Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s government documents, according to a report in The New York Times that notes the request is an unusual injection of politics into the law enforcement duties the department.
Rosenstein made the request in an email sent to the nation’s 93 U.S. attorneys, according to a letter obtained by the New York Times.
The article goes on to state the following:
In it, Rosenstein asks each office to provide up to three federal prosecutors “who can make this important project a priority for the next several weeks.”
The Times noted that Rosenstein is expecting names to be submitted by the end of Wednesday.
While lawyers at Justice have previously helped out with past Supreme Court nominees, asking U.S. attorneys to do so is seen as unusual.
Rosenstein said in the email that he expected he would need the equivalent of 100 full-time lawyers to work on Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing. The work will reportedly be supervised by the DOJ’s Office of Legal Policy in Washington.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio after her husband rips on Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol releases ANOTHER video of migrants destroying new wire on fence (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- BREAKING: Democrat Stacey Abrams Ends Bid For Georgia Governor, Decrying ‘Suppression’
- REPORT: Migrants won’t see armed US soldiers on border
- REPORT: Michael Avenatti is evicted from his law offices in Newport Beach
- REPORT: Woolsey fire destroys movie director’s home, burns entire life savings in ‘fire-proof’ safe (PHOTOS)
- EXCLUSIVE: White House responds to judge’s ruling on Acosta press pass
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels explodes on Twitter in rant at airline over lost luggage before speech
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott