REPORT: Rosenstein makes unusual request regarding review of Kavanaugh documents
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has asked federal prosecutors to help the Department of Justice (DOJ) review Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s government documents, according to a report in The New York Times that notes the request is an unusual injection of politics into the law enforcement duties the department.
Rosenstein made the request in an email sent to the nation’s 93 U.S. attorneys, according to a letter obtained by the New York Times.
The article goes on to state the following:
In it, Rosenstein asks each office to provide up to three federal prosecutors “who can make this important project a priority for the next several weeks.”
The Times noted that Rosenstein is expecting names to be submitted by the end of Wednesday.
While lawyers at Justice have previously helped out with past Supreme Court nominees, asking U.S. attorneys to do so is seen as unusual.
Rosenstein said in the email that he expected he would need the equivalent of 100 full-time lawyers to work on Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing. The work will reportedly be supervised by the DOJ’s Office of Legal Policy in Washington.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Surviving member of family who perished in duck boat crash gives heartbreaking interview (VIDEO)
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- REPORT: Benghazi Survivor Drops HOT FIRE After Hillary Attacks Trump For Not ‘Defending’ US Ambassadors
- BREAKING: Avenatti makes shocking offer regarding Michael Cohen (video)
- CLAIM: Conservative columnist: ‘I would take Obama back in a nanosecond’
- REPORT: Missouri duck boat accident takes even more tragic turn
- REPORT: City Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S.
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide