REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A Missouri Republican group has disinvited Sen. Roy Blunt from speaking at a local GOP event after he voted against President Trump’s border emergency declaration.
The Christian County Republican Central Committee uninvited Blunt from its April 6 Lincoln/Trump Day dinner, the Kansas City Star reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
The committee’s event chairwoman, Wanda Martens, wrote to Blunt in anger after he voted with 11 other Senate Republicans to revoke Trump’s emergency declaration, which the president is using to reallocate $3.6 billion in military construction money to a southern border wall project.
“I am so disappointed in you now that I can hardly speak,” Martens wrote to Blunt in an email.
Sen. Roy Blunt disinvited to a MIssouri GOP Lincoln/Trump Day dinner over vote against national emergency declaration https://t.co/cPHPFGdl8C
— Allan Smith (@akarl_smith) March 18, 2019
U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt has been disinvited from a local GOP gathering in Christian County, Missouri, next month amid a backlash over his vote to block President Donald Trump’s use of emergency powers to build a border wall.
https://t.co/5cQG02R9r5 via @KCStar
— Bill Gray (@BGPublic) March 18, 2019
— St. Louis Post-Dispatch (@stltoday) March 17, 2019
My statement on the emergency declaration resolution of disapproval pic.twitter.com/cVOMVBODpn
— Senator Roy Blunt (@RoyBlunt) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020
- VIDEO: Tucker On Democrats’ Reactions To Trump Sanctuary Idea: ‘It Sounds A Little … Racist!’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters meets her match, debates woman on the street
- UPDATE: Joe Biden doesn’t recall alleged kissing incident from 2014
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)