REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A Missouri Republican group has disinvited Sen. Roy Blunt from speaking at a local GOP event after he voted against President Trump’s border emergency declaration.
The Christian County Republican Central Committee uninvited Blunt from its April 6 Lincoln/Trump Day dinner, the Kansas City Star reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
The committee’s event chairwoman, Wanda Martens, wrote to Blunt in anger after he voted with 11 other Senate Republicans to revoke Trump’s emergency declaration, which the president is using to reallocate $3.6 billion in military construction money to a southern border wall project.
“I am so disappointed in you now that I can hardly speak,” Martens wrote to Blunt in an email.
Sen. Roy Blunt disinvited to a MIssouri GOP Lincoln/Trump Day dinner over vote against national emergency declaration https://t.co/cPHPFGdl8C
— Allan Smith (@akarl_smith) March 18, 2019
U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt has been disinvited from a local GOP gathering in Christian County, Missouri, next month amid a backlash over his vote to block President Donald Trump’s use of emergency powers to build a border wall.
https://t.co/5cQG02R9r5 via @KCStar
— Bill Gray (@BGPublic) March 18, 2019
— St. Louis Post-Dispatch (@stltoday) March 17, 2019
My statement on the emergency declaration resolution of disapproval pic.twitter.com/cVOMVBODpn
— Senator Roy Blunt (@RoyBlunt) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- REPORT: Man forced neighbors do chores so ‘they knew what it was like to be slaves’
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- VIDEO: Trump comments on Navy UFO sightings
- REPORT: Popular teen magazine promotes prostitution, sexting, to an audience of minors
- VIDEO: Fan who threw beer on NFL player should be prosecuted, agent says
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- REPORT: Critics pan Jim Acosta’s new book, Twitter ROASTS him
- REPORT: Trump says U.S., Guatemala negotiating legal wall against migrants