REPORT: Russian lawmakers introduce legislation to make observing US sanctions a crime
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Russian lawmakers on Tuesday moved to make observing U.S. sanctions a crime punishable by up to four years in jail.
The bill would punish individuals or companies refusing to do business with a Russian citizen because of sanctions imposed by the U.S. or other countries, according to Reuters.
Potential fines of up to $9,696 and “other limits on their freedom” are also included in the measure.
The article goes on to state the following:
The bill will have its second reading on Thursday and is likely to be changed before it is signed by Russian President Vladimir Putin, the news service reported.
The legislation would also make it a crime for Russian citizens to provide information to foreign governments to help them put sanctions on Russia, an offense punishable by up to three years in jail or a $7,985 fine.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice sends letter, has ‘beginning stages of dementia’
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- VIDEO: Obama comments on improving economy
- REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement