REPORT: Russians accused in UK spy poisoning case offer alleged reason they were visiting Britain
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
MOSCOW (Reuters) – Two Russians resembling men Britain accuses of jetting to England to murder a former spy said on Thursday that they were innocent tourists who had flown to London for fun and visited the city of Salisbury to see its cathedral.
Britain said it was clear the two men, who appeared on Russia’s state-funded RT television, were agents of Russia’s GRU military intelligence who carried out the attack, and their interview an example of Russia’s “obfuscation and lies”.
Russians accused by UK in spy case: We were in Salisbury for tourism https://t.co/IhirfAz74j
— Alan Fisher (@fishersusa) September 13, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
The two men, who appeared deeply uncomfortable, identified themselves as Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov, the names British prosecutors said were used by the poisoners. They said they had fallen victim to a “fantastical coincidence”.
Britain has charged the two men with attempting to murder former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia by spraying a chemical weapon on Skripal’s door in March.
The Skripals and a police officer fell seriously ill. A woman in a nearby town later died after her partner brought home a discarded counterfeit Nina Ricci perfume bottle containing the poison.
According to British police, the two men arrived in London on March 2, a Friday, and spent two nights in an east London hotel. They visited Salisbury twice by train on day trips — on the Saturday for reconnaissance and on the Sunday to poison Skripal. They then went straight to the airport and flew home, hours after the Skripals were found unconscious on a bench.
To weigh in on this information provided by REUTERS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Vision shared of plans for MAJOR Muslim political expansion at event honoring Omar and Tlaib (VIDEO)
- TRUMP TWEET: ‘These guys…ought to be in jail’ (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Alaska governor Mike Dunleavy offers Trump use of troops along 3,000 miles away US-Mexico border
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a simple way to take a stand against escalating socialism in America
- VIDEO: Clip of actress blaming Trump, Pence for attack on Jussie Smollett goes viral amid new revelations
- VIDEO: Schiff: There’s ‘pretty compelling’ evidence of collusion
- VIDEO: Biden tells Europeans that America is ‘an embarrassment’
- REPORT: Multiple fatalities, injuries, after shooting in Cancun night club
- REPORT: Alec Baldwin suggests Trump’s criticism of his SNL skips are ‘threat to my safety’
- VIDEO: ‘Saturday Night Live’ mocks Trump’s national emergency, Pres. Trump responds