REPORT: Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s famous ‘dissent’ necklace sells out before it even goes on sale (PHOTOS)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Well, that was fast.
A limited-edition release of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s iconic “dissent” collar-style necklaces have reportedly flown off Banana Republic’s online shelves before they even went on sale. The Supreme Court’s oldest justice has made headlines in recent weeks as she recovers from early-stage lung cancer.
The article goes on to state the following:
Earlier this week, Banana Republic announced that they’d be reissuing a black, bib-like collar necklace with faux-jewel detailing that the “Notorius RBG” first made famous in 2012. The retailer said they that planned to “proudly” donate 50% of the purchase price to the ACLU’s Women’s Rights Project – and the item quickly sold like a hotcake.
“In just a few hours, we pre-sold all units of the necklace that were made in limited edition for January delivery. Given the overwhelming response, we are working quickly to create additional quantities,” reps for Banana Republic wrote on Instagram just one day later.
View this post on Instagram
Introducing the limited-edition Dissent Collar Necklace, reissued from 2012. 💎 Beloved by our favorite lady of justice. We are proudly donating 50% of the purchase price to the @aclu_nationwide Women’s Rights Project. Exclusively online. http://bit.ly/DissentCollarBR Tag a fierce female in the comments.
View this post on Instagram
The response to our Dissent Collar Necklace has been tremendous — and heartwarming. In just a few hours, we pre-sold all units of the necklace that were made in limited edition for January delivery. Given the overwhelming response, we are working quickly to create additional quantities. Head to the #LinkInBio to be added to the waitlist and notified when we re-stock. Thank you for standing with us to support equality and the @aclu_nationwide Women’s Rights Project. ❤️ ➡️ bit.ly/DissentCollarBR
RBG: “This is my dissenting collar… It looks fitting for dissents.” pic.twitter.com/luNmrN4BCX
— Irin Carmon (@irin) July 31, 2014
Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s ‘Dissent Collar’ Necklace Is Being Reissued by Banana Republic https://t.co/UsJnIYH9lt
— People (@people) January 8, 2019
— ABC News (@ABC) January 12, 2019
Since 2012, RBG has worn the same sparkling Banana Republic bib necklace as a sartorial way to express her disapproval. https://t.co/bH36tyn1DH
— Alfred Lester (@AlfredLester) January 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Footage emerges of Joe Biden’s senior adviser in 2016 slamming white people
- FBI conducts raid on major ‘body broker’ headquarters
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- VIDEO: Gold-medalist volleyball star shockingly faints during live interview
- REPORT: Sri Lanka officials revise Easter attack death toll by over 100
- VIDEO: 11-Year-Old ‘Drag Queen’ Dances for Dollar Bills in Gay Bar, praised by ABC News
- BREAKING: Florida House votes on banning sanctuary cities
- BREAKING: Trump, White House release formal statements after McCain’s passing
- REPORT: Susan Collins becomes top 2020 target for Dems