REPORT: Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s famous ‘dissent’ necklace sells out before it even goes on sale (PHOTOS)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Well, that was fast.
A limited-edition release of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s iconic “dissent” collar-style necklaces have reportedly flown off Banana Republic’s online shelves before they even went on sale. The Supreme Court’s oldest justice has made headlines in recent weeks as she recovers from early-stage lung cancer.
The article goes on to state the following:
Earlier this week, Banana Republic announced that they’d be reissuing a black, bib-like collar necklace with faux-jewel detailing that the “Notorius RBG” first made famous in 2012. The retailer said they that planned to “proudly” donate 50% of the purchase price to the ACLU’s Women’s Rights Project – and the item quickly sold like a hotcake.
“In just a few hours, we pre-sold all units of the necklace that were made in limited edition for January delivery. Given the overwhelming response, we are working quickly to create additional quantities,” reps for Banana Republic wrote on Instagram just one day later.
View this post on Instagram
Introducing the limited-edition Dissent Collar Necklace, reissued from 2012. 💎 Beloved by our favorite lady of justice. We are proudly donating 50% of the purchase price to the @aclu_nationwide Women’s Rights Project. Exclusively online. http://bit.ly/DissentCollarBR Tag a fierce female in the comments.
View this post on Instagram
The response to our Dissent Collar Necklace has been tremendous — and heartwarming. In just a few hours, we pre-sold all units of the necklace that were made in limited edition for January delivery. Given the overwhelming response, we are working quickly to create additional quantities. Head to the #LinkInBio to be added to the waitlist and notified when we re-stock. Thank you for standing with us to support equality and the @aclu_nationwide Women’s Rights Project. ❤️ ➡️ bit.ly/DissentCollarBR
RBG: “This is my dissenting collar… It looks fitting for dissents.” pic.twitter.com/luNmrN4BCX
— Irin Carmon (@irin) July 31, 2014
Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s ‘Dissent Collar’ Necklace Is Being Reissued by Banana Republic https://t.co/UsJnIYH9lt
— People (@people) January 8, 2019
— ABC News (@ABC) January 12, 2019
Since 2012, RBG has worn the same sparkling Banana Republic bib necklace as a sartorial way to express her disapproval. https://t.co/bH36tyn1DH
— Alfred Lester (@AlfredLester) January 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: BuzzFeed News editor crushed by Twitter for jab at Trump over Sri Lanka bombings
- VIDEO: Up to 300 teenagers involved in brawl at amusement park
- BREAKING: Nunes files HUGE lawsuit alleging conspiracy to derail Clinton, Russia probes
- Students arrested for bringing weapons to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- REPORT: JFK customs officer arrested for stealing thousands from customers’ bags