REPORT: Ryan defends Jordan amid Ohio State abuse claims
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Wednesday vigorously defended Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), who is facing allegations that he ignored reports that a team doctor was sexually abusing college athletes while Jordan was a wrestling coach at Ohio State University (OSU) decades ago.
“Jim Jordan is a friend of mine. We haven’t always agreed with each other over the years, but I’ve always known Jim Jordan to be a man of honesty and a man of integrity,” Ryan told reporters on Wednesday.
Ryan also said that the bipartisan Ethics Committee had no jurisdiction to investigate Jordan under House rules because the alleged incidents occurred before the Ohio Republican was elected to Congress. Democrats have filed an ethics complaint against Jordan.
The article goes on to state the following:
Roughly a half-dozen former Ohio State wrestlers have come forward to accuse Jordan and other coaches of failing to protect them from sexual abuse at the hands of the team doctor, Richard Strauss, during the 1980s and ’90s.
Jordan, a leader of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, has vehemently denied knowing or seeing any sexual abuse while he coached at OSU, though he has said there was some “locker room” chatter about the doctor.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
“I’m telling the truth … To think that I would not stand up for my athletes is ridiculous,” Rep. Jordan says Wednesday in response to allegations that he knew of sexual abuse by Ohio State team doctor. https://t.co/VoMnhCTJtd pic.twitter.com/FWdSv8wOzo
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 11, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- VIDEO: Ginsburg responds to question about her health and her ribs
- VIDEO: Here’s why a Vermont man put up a giant, illuminated middle finger sculpture on his front lawn
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton files new answers under oath about email system, blames husband’s aide