REPORT: Ryan defends Jordan amid Ohio State abuse claims
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Wednesday vigorously defended Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), who is facing allegations that he ignored reports that a team doctor was sexually abusing college athletes while Jordan was a wrestling coach at Ohio State University (OSU) decades ago.
“Jim Jordan is a friend of mine. We haven’t always agreed with each other over the years, but I’ve always known Jim Jordan to be a man of honesty and a man of integrity,” Ryan told reporters on Wednesday.
Ryan also said that the bipartisan Ethics Committee had no jurisdiction to investigate Jordan under House rules because the alleged incidents occurred before the Ohio Republican was elected to Congress. Democrats have filed an ethics complaint against Jordan.
The article goes on to state the following:
Roughly a half-dozen former Ohio State wrestlers have come forward to accuse Jordan and other coaches of failing to protect them from sexual abuse at the hands of the team doctor, Richard Strauss, during the 1980s and ’90s.
Jordan, a leader of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, has vehemently denied knowing or seeing any sexual abuse while he coached at OSU, though he has said there was some “locker room” chatter about the doctor.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
“I’m telling the truth … To think that I would not stand up for my athletes is ridiculous,” Rep. Jordan says Wednesday in response to allegations that he knew of sexual abuse by Ohio State team doctor. https://t.co/VoMnhCTJtd pic.twitter.com/FWdSv8wOzo
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 11, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- BREAKING: Axios drops bombshell claim on Rosenstein
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh