REPORT: Safety commission decides whether disciplinary program at Parkland school was to blame for February shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A state commission found that a controversial school discipline program is not to blame for a deadly mass shooting carried out by a former student earlier this year in Parkland, Fla.
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission said the student, Nikolas Cruz, had been recommended to attend the three-day disciplinary program, PROMISE, after damaging a school bathroom faucet, but that there is no record of his attending the program in 2013, nor are there consequences for students who don’t attend, according to Sun Sentinel. While some argued that Cruz would not have been able to purchase the AR-15 he used in the shooting if he had had an arrest on his record, the commission said that since Cruz was a juvenile first-time offender, such an incident would not have had an impact on his ability to purchase the weapon.
The article goes on to state the following:
PROMISE was created in 2013 to refer students who had committed nonviolent crimes to an alternative disciplinary program instead of having them arrested. The commission investigating the program is made up of law enforcement officers, public officials, and family members of the shooting victims.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio after her husband rips on Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol releases ANOTHER video of migrants destroying new wire on fence (VIDEO)
- EXCLUSIVE: White House responds to judge’s ruling on Acosta press pass
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- BREAKING: Democrat Stacey Abrams Ends Bid For Georgia Governor, Decrying ‘Suppression’
- REPORT: Migrants won’t see armed US soldiers on border
- REPORT: Michael Avenatti is evicted from his law offices in Newport Beach
- REPORT: Woolsey fire destroys movie director’s home, burns entire life savings in ‘fire-proof’ safe (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels explodes on Twitter in rant at airline over lost luggage before speech
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott