REPORT: Sailor dies in non-combat incident
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by STRIPES.COM:
WASHINGTON – A Navy sailor was killed in a non-combat incident while conducting small-boat operations in the Red Sea, a Pentagon spokesman said Monday.
The sailor was evacuated Sunday to a hospital in Aqaba, Jordan, and was pronounced dead about 12:45 p.m. local time, said Army Col. Rob Manning, a spokesman for the Pentagon. The sailor’s name was not immediately released, pending family notification.
The article goes on to state the following:
Manning said there was no indication of enemy activity in the area and the Navy did not suspect foul play in the death. An investigation into the incident is ongoing, according to the Navy.
Another Pentagon spokesman characterized the sailor’s death as “an accident.”
To weigh in on this information provided by STRIPES.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting STRIPES.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: One DEAD, gunman holding hostages at LA Trader Joe’s SURRENDERS
- REPORT: City Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S.
- BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide
- BREAKING: Gunman takes hostages inside a Trader Joe’s (video)
- Trump Tweet: Statement on hostage situation at Trader Joe’s store
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- REPORT: Missouri duck boat accident takes even more tragic turn
- BREAKING: Avenatti makes shocking offer regarding Michael Cohen (video)
- DML TV: Debate breaks out on FOX about illegal aliens voting in US elections
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?