REPORT: Sailor dies in non-combat incident
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by STRIPES.COM:
WASHINGTON – A Navy sailor was killed in a non-combat incident while conducting small-boat operations in the Red Sea, a Pentagon spokesman said Monday.
The sailor was evacuated Sunday to a hospital in Aqaba, Jordan, and was pronounced dead about 12:45 p.m. local time, said Army Col. Rob Manning, a spokesman for the Pentagon. The sailor’s name was not immediately released, pending family notification.
The article goes on to state the following:
Manning said there was no indication of enemy activity in the area and the Navy did not suspect foul play in the death. An investigation into the incident is ongoing, according to the Navy.
Another Pentagon spokesman characterized the sailor’s death as “an accident.”
To weigh in on this information provided by STRIPES.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting STRIPES.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- BREAKING: Axios drops bombshell claim on Rosenstein
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh