REPORT: Sanders responds to Steyer’s 2020 bid with slam on his intentions
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Tuesday praised Tom Steyer after the billionaire philanthropist entered the 2020 presidential race but criticized the notion of a billionaire running for the White House.
“I like Tom personally, but I do have to say as somebody who in this campaign has received 2 million contributions, averaging $19 a person, I’m a bit tired of seeing billionaires trying to buy political power,” Sanders told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell in an interview.
The article goes on to state the following:
Steyer announced Tuesday that he would pursue the Democratic presidential nomination, reversing course after saying months ago that he would not.
Democratic candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.) also commented on billionaire candidates in a tweet.
“The Democratic primary should not be decided by billionaires, whether they’re funding Super PACs or funding themselves,” Warren wrote. “The strongest Democratic nominee in the general will have a coalition that’s powered by a grassroots movement.”
The Democratic primary should not be decided by billionaires, whether they’re funding Super PACs or funding themselves. The strongest Democratic nominee in the general will have a coalition that’s powered by a grassroots movement.
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) July 9, 2019
According to a tweet by Alex Burns with the New York Times, “Steyer has committed to spending $100 million on a presidential campaign. That’s a bit more than Biden, Buttigieg, Warren, Sanders and Harris raised last quarter — combined.”
News: Steyer has committed to spending $100 million on a presidential campaign
That’s a bit more than Biden, Buttigieg, Warren, Sanders and Harris raised last quarter — combined
On the billionaire would-be populist who just entered the race 👇https://t.co/NiEdxehApr
— Alex Burns (@alexburnsNYT) July 9, 2019
Bernie’s not happy Tom Steyer decided to get in on the 2020 racehttps://t.co/q3W9vuV2u7
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 9, 2019
Tom Steyer isn’t getting a particularly warm welcome to the presidential race: Warren and Sanders say billionaires should stay out.
— Bloomberg Politics (@bpolitics) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments