REPORT: Sanders using Ocasio-Cortez as new weapon against Biden
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Bernie Sanders is using Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) as a new weapon against Joe Biden in the fight for the Democratic presidential nomination.
Sanders appeared at Howard University on Monday night with Ocasio-Cortez, who received a boost from the Vermont Independent when she challenged Rep. Joseph Crowley (N.Y.) in a Democratic primary in 2018.
The article goes on to state the following:
Ocasio-Cortez — who hasn’t officially endorsed Sanders — is returning the favor by hitting Biden, the Democratic front-runner. The former vice president has soared to the top of polls since entering the presidential race nearly three weeks ago, creating a new challenge for Sanders.
On Monday night, she criticized “middle-of-the-road” climate plans in a clear shot at Biden meant to contrast his centrism with the more liberal policies of Sanders.
“I’ll be damned,” Ocasio-Cortez began during a rally for the Green New Deal climate plan, “if the same politicians who refused to act [in past decades] are going to try to come back today and say we need a middle of the road approach to save our lives.”
Rep. @AOC: “I will be damned if the same politicians who refuse to act then are going to try to come back today and say we need a ‘middle of the road approach’ to save our lives. That is too much for me.” https://t.co/sdrTlLfvWU pic.twitter.com/Y2X0TpufvZ
— The Hill (@thehill) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy