REPORT: Sanders, Warren join AOC, NYT, to endorse progressive candidate for district attorney
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) on Wednesday both endorsed Tiffany Cabán in the Democratic primary for Queens district attorney as the two Democratic presidential rivals seek to shore up support among progressives.
“Bernie spoke with Tiffany Cabán and was impressed. We had already communicated our endorsement, but per their request, we waited to roll it out until it best suited the campaign strategy. With all that said, vote for @CabanForQueens!” tweeted Faiz Shakir, Sanders’s presidential campaign manager.
The article goes on to state the following:
Besides Sanders and Warren, progressive firebrand Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) has also thrown her support behind Cabán, a 31-year-old Latina career public defender.
I’m a queer Latina from a working-class family. People like us are exactly who the system is trying to keep down.
That’s why I became a public defender—and that’s why I’m running for Queens DA.
— Tiffany Cabán (@CabanForQueens) June 7, 2019
I am beyond thrilled and honored to receive an endorsement from @BernieSanders. He has dedicated his entire career to achieving economic, racial, and social justice for all.
Here in Queens, we are working toward that same goal — on June 25th, we can take one giant leap forward. pic.twitter.com/Mwl0wsALwp
— Tiffany Cabán (@CabanForQueens) June 19, 2019
I’m proud to endorse Tiffany Cabán for Queens DA in New York. @CabanForQueens will fight for working families and work to end mass incarceration. Make sure you get out and vote for Tiffany next Tuesday, June 25th. In the meantime, head to https://t.co/JrGgDWxrHh to volunteer!
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) June 19, 2019
Just for everyone’s general awareness:
Bernie spoke with Tiffany Cabán and was impressed. We had already communicated our endorsement, but per their request, we waited to roll it out until it best suited the campaign strategy.
With all that said, vote for @CabanForQueens!
— Faiz (@fshakir) June 19, 2019
When we endorsed @CabanForQueens back in March, many people were shocked because she was a long shot candidate and many didn’t think she was viable.
— Real Justice (@RealJusticePAC) June 19, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) June 19, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘It doesn’t look promising’: Jim Jordan says of impeachment
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Maxine Waters fires back at Ben Carson
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: Mark Levin: Schiff awakened ‘sleeping giant’ with impeachment
- VIDEO: Liberal Democrat lawyer backs Trump after impeachment hearings
- REPORT: Trump administration sends letter to landowners regarding border wall construction
- REPORT: Republican tells Eric Swalwell to ‘shut up’ during impeachment hearing
- VIDEO: Schiff’s closing remarks compare Trump and Nixon