REPORT: Scalise announces bid for minority whip
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) officially announced his bid to be the House minority whip of the 116th Congress in the wake of Democrats taking back the lower chamber during the midterm elections.
In a “Dear Colleague” letter sent Wednesday afternoon, the Louisiana Republican wrote that the party needs to improve its messaging and draw a sharp contrast with the Democrats’ agenda if they are going to earn back the lower chamber in 2020.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We have to do a better job of letting people know what we stand for, and how our ideas are better to improve the lives of hard-working families,” he wrote. “The results of Tuesday’s election show that we need to do even more to deliver on our promises when it comes to issues like protecting our borders, reforming our welfare system, promoting religious freedom, restoring fiscal responsibility to Washington, and defending innocent life.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake