REPORT: Scalise announces bid for minority whip
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) officially announced his bid to be the House minority whip of the 116th Congress in the wake of Democrats taking back the lower chamber during the midterm elections.
In a “Dear Colleague” letter sent Wednesday afternoon, the Louisiana Republican wrote that the party needs to improve its messaging and draw a sharp contrast with the Democrats’ agenda if they are going to earn back the lower chamber in 2020.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We have to do a better job of letting people know what we stand for, and how our ideas are better to improve the lives of hard-working families,” he wrote. “The results of Tuesday’s election show that we need to do even more to deliver on our promises when it comes to issues like protecting our borders, reforming our welfare system, promoting religious freedom, restoring fiscal responsibility to Washington, and defending innocent life.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- VIDEO: Conservative TV host accosted at Trump Hotel over son’s suicide: OPINION: Washington Secrets
- VIDEO: Middle Eastern Women’s Group Blasts Fox News Over Dumping Judge Jeanine