REPORT: Schiff floats subpoena threat for Putin meeting translator
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Newly minted House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff hinted over the weekend that he could subpoena notes or testimony from the interpreter in several meetings between President Trump and Russia’s Vladimir Putin, a move that would dramatically escalate majority Democrats’ investigations into the Trump administration.
The chamber’s newly empowered Democratic committee chairmen already are probing a range of Trump controversies, including calling a hearing with ex-fixer Michael Cohen who has detailed Trump’s alleged role in making hush-money payments to mistresses.
The article goes on to state the following:
But a move to obtain interpreter details from Putin meetings would trigger a major confrontation between the executive and legislative branches concerning discussions with foreign leaders. Schiff, D-Calif., weighed in after The Washington Post reported that Trump took possession of the notes from his own interpreter and instructed the individual not to discuss what had taken place in the meeting with other administration officials.
The report said Trump took the notes after a meeting with Putin in Hamburg in 2017 where his former secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, was present. The report also said there are no detailed records of Trump’s private meetings with Putin over the past two years, and administration officials have not gotten a full readout from their summit in Helsinki, Finland last summer. The report fueled suspicions from Democrats who have long alleged Trump is too close to Russia, and are closely watching the special counsel probe into possible collusion — which Trump regularly pans as an unfounded “witch hunt.”
CLICK HERE to read more from Fox News.
Last year, we sought to obtain the interpreter’s notes or testimony, from the private meeting between Trump and Putin. The Republicans on our committee voted us down. Will they join us now? Shouldn’t we find out whether our president is really putting “America first?” https://t.co/hzgfTRl653
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) January 13, 2019
Counterintelligence concerns about those associated with the Trump campaign, including the President himself, have been at the heart of our investigation since the start.
The American people need to know the President is working in our national interest, and for no other end. pic.twitter.com/rzBjQheXP0
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) January 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?
- VIDEO: Conservative TV host accosted at Trump Hotel over son’s suicide: OPINION: Washington Secrets