REPORT: Schiff speaks out on phone call with Cohen amid escalating GOP allegations
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Tuesday that he had limited contacts with Michael Cohen, remarks that aimed to push back against GOP allegations Democrats met extensively with Cohen ahead of his scheduled testimony.
Schiff (D-Calif.) told reporters during a Christian Science Monitor Breakfast that there was a “brief phone call” with Cohen, his staff and his attorneys, in which the lawmaker says he worked to convince the president’s former personal lawyer to testify voluntarily, rather than under a subpoena.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I had a brief phone call with my staff, Mr. Cohen and his attorneys to encourage him to come and testify voluntarily and to try to allay the concerns that he had with the threats that he was receiving from the president, from the president’s allies in the Congress and outside the Congress,” Schiff said.
“We had a great desire to have him come in voluntarily, not under subpoena. If it were necessary to subpoena him, then there’s always the risk that the witness decides not to cooperate to take the Fifth or not provide the information that’s very pertinent investigation,” Schiff continued, noting that “proffer sessions are done in every credible investigation.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- NYC law professor bashes white people in op-ed