REPORT: Schumer announces what he’ll do with Epstein campaign contributions
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday he will donate an amount of money that’s equivalent to the contributions accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein made to his campaign in the 1990s.
“While these campaign accounts closed about 20 years ago, and even then the campaign never controlled the two political action committees (PACs), Sen. Schumer is donating an equal sum to anti-sex trafficking and anti-violence against women groups,” Schumer spokesperson Justin Goodman said in a statement to The Hill
The article goes on to state the following:
Federal Election Commission filings compiled by OpenSecrets.org show that Schumer received seven $1,000 donations from Epstein between 1992 and 1997 through several PACs supporting his run for Senate.
Epstein has donated to the campaigns of both major political parties.
Schumer Donates Total Amount Given To Him By Epstein To Anti-Human Trafficking Charity https://t.co/oGhuKPdL1j
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) July 10, 2019
Senator Schumer received donations from Jeffrey Epstein.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?