REPORT: Schumer BLASTS Republicans over response to Trump tweets; plans Senate reaction
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Schumer said he will follow in the footsteps of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who plans to introduce a House resolution condemning Trump’s tweets, and he urged Republicans to support it.
“Speaker Pelosi has said that the House will introduce a resolution denouncing the president’s comments. Our intention is to do the same in the Senate. We’ll see. We’ll see just how many Republicans will sign on,” he said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Lawmakers who refuse to condemn Trump’s comments are “fellow travelers on the president’s racist road, whatever their motivation,” Schumer said.
“Is the Republican silence over President [Donald Trump’s] racism agreement or embarrassment?” Schumer also tweeted.
Is the Republican silence over President @realDonaldTrump’s racism agreement or embarrassment?
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) July 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- REPORT: Doctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants, DML responds
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump tells reporters what he thinks about purchasing Greenland