REPORT: Schumer seeks to protect Rosenstein after reports about spying on Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Friday that a New York Times story reporting that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein suggested secretly recording President Trump in the White House should not be used as “pretext” to justify firing Rosenstein.
The Times also reported, based on second-hand sources, that Rosenstein discussed using the 25th Amendment with Cabinet members to remove Trump for being unfit for duty. Within hours Trump allies pounced, calling for the firing of Rosenstein.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This story must not be used as a pretext for the corrupt purpose of firing Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein in order [to] install an official who will allow the president to interfere with the special counsel’s investigation,” Schumer said in a statement, referring to special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into Russian meddling and possible collusion with the Trump campaign.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- BREAKING: Honduran migrant caravan swells to 4,000 as U.S. border crossings spike
- VIDEO: Chief Justice Roberts Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Fight
- BREAKING: U.S. Treasury senior official arrested, charged with leaking info on ex-Trump advisers
- VIDEO: Democrat senator McCaskill responds to undercover video with fierce allegation, as Part 2 released
- REPORT: FBI probing Manhattan district attorney’s office
- REPORT: Saudi Arabia makes HUGE deposit into American accounts as Pompeo lands in Riyadh
- REPORT: State Department provided ‘clearly false’ statements to derail requests for Clinton docs, ‘shocked’ federal judge says
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- BREAKING: Dem candidates for Congress raise record-shattering money for midterms