REPORT: Schumer seeks to protect Rosenstein after reports about spying on Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Friday that a New York Times story reporting that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein suggested secretly recording President Trump in the White House should not be used as “pretext” to justify firing Rosenstein.
The Times also reported, based on second-hand sources, that Rosenstein discussed using the 25th Amendment with Cabinet members to remove Trump for being unfit for duty. Within hours Trump allies pounced, calling for the firing of Rosenstein.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This story must not be used as a pretext for the corrupt purpose of firing Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein in order [to] install an official who will allow the president to interfere with the special counsel’s investigation,” Schumer said in a statement, referring to special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into Russian meddling and possible collusion with the Trump campaign.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance