REPORT: Scientists believe they’ve found life-saving Ebola treatments
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Scientists have seen promising results in two of the four experimental Ebola drugs trialled in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, according to a recent study. One of the drugs was developed by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and the other by NIH researchers — who are now hopeful these drugs are “may able to improve the survival of people with Ebola.”
In the experiment, researchers compared ZMapp to three other drugs, which included Regeneron’s compound, the NIH’s called mAb114 and an antiviral drug named remdesivir. On Friday, researchers announced the Regeneron compound was working far better than the rest and the NIH antibody drug was also performing well.
The article goes on to state the following:
The study, which is its early stages, found a mortality rate of 30% for those who received either the Regeneron drug or the NIH’s drug. Half of those who received ZMapp died. Patients who received treatment early saw mortality rates of just 6% with the Regeneron drug and 11% with the NIH compound to about 24% for ZMapp.
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Impeachment prediction: Obama will be nailed in the end
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’