REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
Audrey Wells, a screenwriter and director who gave a voice to women in films such as “Under the Tuscan Sun” and the newly released “The Hate U Give,” died on Thursday in Santa Monica, Calif. She was 58.
Her husband, Brian Larky, said the cause was cancer.
The article goes on to state the following:
Ms. Wells, who had been privately battling her illness for five years, died the day before her adaptation of “The Hate U Give” had its premiere in theaters. Based on Angie Thomas’s best-selling 2017 novel, it tells the story of a black teenage girl straddling opposing worlds after her friend is killed by a white police officer.
We are simply heartbroken. Audrey’s was a voice of empowerment and courage, and her words will live on through the strong, determined female characters she brought to life. Our thoughts are with all of Audrey’s family and friends at this difficult time. pic.twitter.com/mPh2RxGDGu
— The Hate U Give (@TheHateUGive) October 6, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by NYTimes.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott