REPORT: Sears chairman submits new roughly $5B bid to save company
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Sears Holdings Corp Chairman Eddie Lampert submitted a revised roughly $5 billion takeover bid for the company on Wednesday, people familiar with the matter said, boosting the chances that the U.S. department store operator will escape liquidation.
In a concession, Lampert agreed to assume tax and vendor bills Sears has incurred since filing for bankruptcy protection in October, the sources said. The billionaire’s revised bid was submitted through an affiliate of his hedge fund, ESL Investments Inc, on Wednesday afternoon along with a $120 million deposit, the sources added.
The article goes on to state the following:
Lampert’s previous bid, which Sears had rejected, was valued at $4.4 billion.
Sears reaches 11th hour deal to stay in business — for now https://t.co/Gwkv0xke4U
— Dc Goods (@DCGoods) January 10, 2019
EXCLUSIVE-Sears chairman submits new roughly $5 bln bid to save retailer -sources https://t.co/T4RKLyDC4f
— DinnerwareClassics (@KatieGAUSA) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute
- REPORT: Hope Hicks, AMI agree to turn over documents for House probe into Trump
- REPORT: Police chief’s daughter kills self, 2 kids in murder-suicide
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks