REPORT: Customs nabs 2nd foreign imposter with new technology at airport
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBP.GOV:
STERLING, Va., — Less than three weeks into the use of its new cutting-edge facial comparison biometric system, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations (OFO) at Washington Dulles International Airport intercepted a second impostor trying to enter the U.S.
A 26-year-old woman, who arrived on a flight from Accra, Ghana Saturday morning, presented a U.S. passport to a CBP officer for admission as a returning citizen. Utilizing the new facial comparison technology, the CBP officer established that the traveler was not a match to the passport and referred her for further examination. A secondary examination confirmed that the traveler was a Ghanaian citizen and an impostor to the U.S. passport.
Airport Facial Biometrics Snags Second Imposter via | RSS Link Feed: The facial recognition technology is being tested at Washington DC’s Dulles Airport. https://t.co/el3ouDXTzr
— David M Rowell (@davidrowell) September 11, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
CBP is withholding the woman’s name while an investigation continues.
Posing as someone else when attempting to enter the United States is a serious violation of U.S. immigration law that could result in criminal prosecution. Inadmissible criminals and other foreign nationals routinely attempt various means to enter the United States, and may use stolen, purchased or “borrowed” passports.
“Customs and Border Protection’s facial comparison system is highly effective and efficient at detecting impostors,” said Casey Durst, CBP’s Director of the Baltimore Field Office. “CBP’s facial comparison system has a match rate of 99% making it extremely difficult for criminals, terrorists or impostors to enter the country using another person’s identification and travel documents. This is just one of many ways in which CBP is working to enhance the security of the U.S. while at the same time designing travel processes that are more efficient for the average person.”
To weigh in on this information provided by CBP.GOV, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBP.GOV
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio after her husband rips on Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol releases ANOTHER video of migrants destroying new wire on fence (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Migrants won’t see armed US soldiers on border
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- BREAKING: Democrat Stacey Abrams Ends Bid For Georgia Governor, Decrying ‘Suppression’
- REPORT: Michael Avenatti is evicted from his law offices in Newport Beach
- REPORT: Woolsey fire destroys movie director’s home, burns entire life savings in ‘fire-proof’ safe (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio amid media coverage of her husband
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels explodes on Twitter in rant at airline over lost luggage before speech
- DML TV: Gov Huckabee interviews his daughter, Sarah Sanders about Jim Acosta