REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
LUKE AIR FORCE BASE, Ariz. — Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) spoke with President Trump about the late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Wednesday, after days of unprecedented attacks by a sitting president on a dead war hero.
McSally, addressing reporters after a meeting with base commanders here Thursday, expanded on a tweet she sent Wednesday in which she called McCain a hero. The tweet did not mention Trump, and in her remarks Thursday she again refrained from criticizing the president.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I made it clear, I love John McCain. John McCain is an American hero. This state reveres John McCain, and his family deserves respect by everybody,” McSally, who was appointed to the Senate seat once held by McCain late last year after she lost her own Senate race to Democrat Kyrsten Sinema, said of her conversation with Trump.
She said others, beyond Trump, had disrespected McCain and his family, though she offered no specifics about others disparaging the long-serving senator whose seat she now holds.
“There’s a lot of disrespect going on out there all the way around. I did talk to the president yesterday. I wanted to make sure he understood how I felt about Sen. McCain and how Arizona felt about Sen. John McCain, and he heard me,” said McSally, who faces a reelection race next year.
Asked what Trump’s response was, McSally said only: “He heard me.”
John McCain is an American hero and I am thankful for his life of service and legacy to our country and Arizona. Everyone should give him and his family the respect, admiration, and peace they deserve.
— Martha McSally (@SenMcSallyAZ) March 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- REPORT: Man forced neighbors do chores so ‘they knew what it was like to be slaves’
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- VIDEO: Trump comments on Navy UFO sightings
- REPORT: Popular teen magazine promotes prostitution, sexting, to an audience of minors
- VIDEO: Fan who threw beer on NFL player should be prosecuted, agent says
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- REPORT: Critics pan Jim Acosta’s new book, Twitter ROASTS him
- REPORT: Trump says U.S., Guatemala negotiating legal wall against migrants