REPORT: Senate Intelligence Committee approves CIA nominee Gina Haspel
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday voted 10-5 in favor of Gina Haspel to be the next director of the CIA, setting up her expected Senate confirmation later this month.
“Gina Haspel is the most qualified person the president could choose to lead the CIA and the most prepared nominee in the 70-year history of the agency,” said Commitee Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C. “I’m pleased to see the committee favorably report her nomination to the full Senate, and I look forward to her swift confirmation.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Haspel found bipartisan support after weeks of debate over her role overseeing enhanced interrogation techniques used by the agency more than a decade ago. The committee’s top Democrat, Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, voted for her.
Haspel has served three decades at the agency and is widely respected by the intelligence community, which helped ease her Intelligence Committee endorsement.
Some vocal Democratic opponents and outside groups, including the ACLU, say Haspel has not gone far enough in denouncing the interrogation techniques, including waterboarding, that were used by the CIA to get information out of terror suspects in the years following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…