REPORT: Senate sends Trump warning shot on tariffs
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Senate on Wednesday overwhelmingly passed a nonbinding resolution that warns President Trump against abusing his authority to impose tariffs on imports for national security reasons.
The vast majority of Republicans and every Senate Democrat supported a motion to instruct, which would direct a House-Senate committee to include language in a spending bill that would give Congress a say in tariffs imposed by the White House for national security purposes. The motion passed 88-11.
The article goes on to state the following:
The motion is non-binding, however, and conferees to the committee do not have to follow it. But it reflects a growing worry in Congress that Trump is imposing national security tariffs against U.S. trading partners that is leading to retaliation that could hurt U.S. companies.
The vote was sought for weeks by Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., and Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., all of whom had been critical of the president’s decision to slap Canada, Mexico, and European allies with tariffs under the guise of national security and for Congress to take back powers they have given to the executive branch.
All but 11 Republicans voted in favor of the non-binding motion
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- BREAKING: Axios drops bombshell claim on Rosenstein
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation