REPORT: Senator sinks $175,000 into Democratic efforts to retake state legislatures
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., announced Tuesday she’s throwing $175,000 into Democratic efforts to flip state legislatures and fight voter suppression.
America’s democracy was “decaying” before President Trump came along, Warren said, and Democrats have to promise “structural change” to fix it.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Politicians are supposed to compete over how many voters they can persuade, not how many citizens they can disqualify or demoralize,” said Warren, speaking at an ideas conference hosted by Center for American Progress. “In states across the country, we need to stand up against voter suppression efforts like racist voter ID laws and restrictions on early voting.”
To do fight gerrymandering, Warren said, Democrats have to win back state houses where they saw their majorities diminish during former President Barack Obama’s administration.
Warren said she’s donating $175,000 to organizations “on the front lines trying to win back our legislatures.”
The Massachusets senator also said that Democrats are interested in “a fair fight” and wish to ensure that “districts aren’t drawn to cut out one party or the other.”
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: North Korea responds to Trump canceling summit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Trump releases letter cancelling North Korea summit
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Comey’s taunt about grandchildren
- VIDEO: Trump’s response to new National Anthem policy sends Dems into orbit
- DML TV: Eerie blue flames in Hawaii raise new fears of explosions
- REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
- VIDEO: Trump wants the ‘whole package’ in an immigration deal
- UPDATE: Evicted 30-year-old who ‘failed to launch’ gets job offer (Video)
- BREAKING: North Korea declares its nuclear test site closed after a ‘huge explosion’
- REPORT: Judge candidate dies 1 day after primary victory