REPORT: Senator sinks $175,000 into Democratic efforts to retake state legislatures
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., announced Tuesday she’s throwing $175,000 into Democratic efforts to flip state legislatures and fight voter suppression.
America’s democracy was “decaying” before President Trump came along, Warren said, and Democrats have to promise “structural change” to fix it.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Politicians are supposed to compete over how many voters they can persuade, not how many citizens they can disqualify or demoralize,” said Warren, speaking at an ideas conference hosted by Center for American Progress. “In states across the country, we need to stand up against voter suppression efforts like racist voter ID laws and restrictions on early voting.”
To do fight gerrymandering, Warren said, Democrats have to win back state houses where they saw their majorities diminish during former President Barack Obama’s administration.
Warren said she’s donating $175,000 to organizations “on the front lines trying to win back our legislatures.”
The Massachusets senator also said that Democrats are interested in “a fair fight” and wish to ensure that “districts aren’t drawn to cut out one party or the other.”
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…