REPORT: Sessions responds to question about potential return to Senate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Attorney General and Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions hinted to Politico that he is done with politics after his ouster from the Department of Justice despite rumors he was considering running for his old Senate seat in 2020.
“I’ve been clearing my brain. I think that’s a fair statement,” told Politico Wednesday. “I’ll go to Alabama, do some things and then that will clarify things a little more before I worry about making a statement.”
“No. I mean, no,” he added when asked if he misses the Senate. “I could go back and spend time in the woods. I’ve got 10 grandchildren, oldest is 11.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Sessions has also reportedly told colleagues that returning to the Senate would be a demotion after serving in Trump’s cabinet, according to Politico.
— The Hill (@thehill) December 5, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists
- REPORT: Harvey Weinstein reaches massive deal to settle sex assault civil suits