REPORT: Sherrod Brown: Cory Booker sounds ‘like me’ in campaign pitch
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) on Sunday joked that Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) had co-opted both his message and his voice on the campaign trail in Iowa.
“It’s one thing for you to talk about the dignity of work, but to be willing to lose your voice to sound like me while doing it, that shows real commitment @CoryBooker,” Brown tweeted.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Fighting for the dignity of work is how we should govern and it’s how we win in 2020,” he added.
“I want to challenge everybody in this room to understand that there is dignity in all work and career professions,” Booker said, calling for the implementation of apprenticeship programs that would provide more pathways to viable careers.
Booker’s pitch closely aligned with the title of Brown’s previously announced “Dignity of Work” tour across the country. Brown campaigned last year on the concept of the “dignity of work” during his reelection bid.
It’s one thing for you to talk about the dignity of work, but to be willing to lose your voice to sound like me while doing it, that shows real commitment @CoryBooker. 😉
Fighting for the dignity of work is how we should govern and it’s how we win in 2020. pic.twitter.com/e3EFvvdTBa
— Sherrod Brown (@SherrodBrown) February 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: How Minneapolis’ Somali community became the terrorist recruitment capital of the US
- REPORT: ICE arrests millionaire fugitives from Ecuador who donated to tens of thousands to Obama
- REPORT: Republicans respond to Trump’s national emergency declaration
- POLL: Are you losing confidence in President Trump
- VIDEO: Acosta Refers to Children of Angel Moms as ‘Allegedly Killed by Undocumented Immigrants’
- TRUMP TWEET: Pokes at Dems – and one Republican – in new SOTU video montage (WATCH)
- REPORT: Pelosi fundraising off Trump emergency declaration
- REPORT: Feds seize MASSIVE cocaine shipments, hidden in floorboards of ships
- VIDEO: Senator Suggests a Dem President Can Seize Guns With a National Emergency
- VIDEO: Pence met with silence after mentioning Trump in Munich speech