REPORT: Sherrod Brown: Cory Booker sounds ‘like me’ in campaign pitch
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) on Sunday joked that Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) had co-opted both his message and his voice on the campaign trail in Iowa.
“It’s one thing for you to talk about the dignity of work, but to be willing to lose your voice to sound like me while doing it, that shows real commitment @CoryBooker,” Brown tweeted.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Fighting for the dignity of work is how we should govern and it’s how we win in 2020,” he added.
“I want to challenge everybody in this room to understand that there is dignity in all work and career professions,” Booker said, calling for the implementation of apprenticeship programs that would provide more pathways to viable careers.
Booker’s pitch closely aligned with the title of Brown’s previously announced “Dignity of Work” tour across the country. Brown campaigned last year on the concept of the “dignity of work” during his reelection bid.
It’s one thing for you to talk about the dignity of work, but to be willing to lose your voice to sound like me while doing it, that shows real commitment @CoryBooker. 😉
Fighting for the dignity of work is how we should govern and it’s how we win in 2020. pic.twitter.com/e3EFvvdTBa
— Sherrod Brown (@SherrodBrown) February 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- REPORT: Doctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants, DML responds
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump tells reporters what he thinks about purchasing Greenland