REPORT: Shocking cost revealed of New York City’s plan to install subway elevators
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
New York City is planning to spend $5.5 billion over five years to install elevators throughout the city as part of a $54 billion plan to improve the city’s subway system.
The cost to install elevators in 70 out of the city’s 472 stations will cost about $78 million per station, according to a Metropolitan Transportation Authority estimate. Only about one in four subway stations in the city are presently handicapped-accessible.
The article goes on to state the following:
The high per-station cost is because the MTA needs to build two to three elevators at many of the stops to accommodate riders on each side of the platform. Existing structures will also potentially need to be moved, and the property the elevator will be on will need to be purchased.
The cost to install elevators in 70 out of NYC’s 472 stations will cost about $78M per station, according to an MTA estimate.
Only about one in four subway stations in the city are presently handicapped-accessible. https://t.co/C7a4UB6xh9
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Melania Stuns In Gorgeous Sleeveless Black And White Sundress At Daytona 500 [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Judges’ association calls emergency meeting in wake of Stone sentencing reversal
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
- REPORT: The New England Patriots Are Reportedly Eying This Quarterback