REPORT: Shooting survivors Scalise, Giffords hug on House floor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) and former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), who have each survived mass shootings, shared a hug on the House floor on Tuesday night.
The hug came before a moment of silence on the 8th anniversary of Gifford being shot, according to CNN.
Giffords was shot in the head on Jan. 8, 2011, while meeting with constituents in Arizona. Several other people were also shot during the mass shooting.
The article goes on to state the following:
Scalise was shot in June 2017 after a gunman opened fire while members of the GOP were practicing for a charity baseball game in 2017.
— CSPAN (@cspan) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance