REPORT: Social media goes wild with memes mocking Schumer and Pelosi rebuttal to Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif, and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., triggered plenty of laughs on social media Tuesday night for their rebuttal to President Donald Trump’s address from the Oval Office.
During his address, Trump called the conflict at the southern border a “crisis of the heart and the crisis of the soul” and repeated his request for $5.7 billion for a steel barrier. Meanwhile, Pelosi and Schumer stood firm with their position that the government shutdown must end in order to continue talks about border funding.
The article goes on to state the following:
However, folks on Twitter drew more attention to the serious tone of the Democrats’ remarks and had some fun at their expense.
They are very upset with Kevin for getting in trouble again pic.twitter.com/PCQGWrMIRG
— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) January 9, 2019
When you think you can sneak into the house after staying out too late, but Mom & Dad are up waiting for you in the living room pic.twitter.com/TOqINd1DaP
— Guy Benson (@guypbenson) January 9, 2019
“We are not mad, we are just disappointed.” pic.twitter.com/Wp6qitUvXv
— George P. Bush (@georgepbush) January 9, 2019
“Your mother and I want to talk about your flag addiction. It’s out of control.” pic.twitter.com/z8eJdfitkG
— ryan teague beckwith (@ryanbeckwith) January 9, 2019
We’ve all been grounded for the weekend. Also, we should pick up our room. This isn’t a hotel. pic.twitter.com/9TxAc54HyO
— Karen Tumulty (@ktumulty) January 9, 2019
When mom and dad find out you’ve been skipping school pic.twitter.com/u4QGBHMhfO
— Elliott Hamilton (@ElliottRHams) January 9, 2019
When you come home later than you’re supposed to, and mom and dad are waiting at the door pic.twitter.com/nrF52Iq4BO
— Michael Tracey (@mtracey) January 9, 2019
Several Twitter users likened Schumer and Pelosi to the couple in the iconic “American Gothic” painting.
oh. my. heavens. pic.twitter.com/qMWHCzLagm
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) January 9, 2019
— Eleanor Montague (@EleanorMontague) January 9, 2019
— neontaster (@neontaster) January 9, 2019
LIVE: Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer respond to Trump’s speech pic.twitter.com/wNUdXd8IRI
— Quoth the Raven (@QTRResearch) January 9, 2019
The two were mocked in a number of ways, with suggestions for commercials or other likenesses.
Have you been in an accident with someone who didn’t have insurance? Our law firm can help. Call today. pic.twitter.com/MvrNZPALRk
— Gary Legum (@GaryLegum) January 9, 2019
TV tip for Schumer and Pelosi – When on a two shot, look at the person talking, not at the camera. Gives impression of hostage tape.
— Emily Miller (@EmilyMiller) January 9, 2019
Once you see it – there’s no going back.
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) January 9, 2019
The Daily Caller weighed in as well, giving Schumer and Pelosi each a pair of sunglasses.
— The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions