REPORT: Soros continues plan to ‘overhaul’ criminal justice system
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Liberal billionaire George Soros has continued his bid to “overhaul” the criminal justice system in the United States by pouring nearly $1 million into local Virginia prosecutor races to prop up far-left candidates.
Soros’s most recent round of donations include $580,000 to Parisa Dehghani-Tafti, a candidate for Arlington County commonwealth’s attorney, and almost $400,000 to Steve Descana, a Fairfax County commonwealth’s attorney candidate, for their June 11 primaries.
The article goes on to state the following:
Soros pushed the contributions to Dehghani-Tafti and Descana from his Justice & Public Safety PAC, a committee used to fund local races across the country that could make an impact on the criminal justice system. The donations represent an overwhelming majority of what both candidates have raised, the Washington Post reports.
Soros, who has quietly flooded local district attorney and prosecutor races for some time now, puts his preferred candidates at a major money advantage for such a race. Soros typically sets up a “pop up” PAC in states where the races are taking place in order to push the money in to back their candidacy’s. At the conclusion of the race, any remaining money in the PAC’s coffers is refunded and the PAC is often shut down.
In recent years, the billionaire has pushed millions to numerous far-left candidates in a number of cities, including Philadelphia district attorney Larry Krasner, whom he helped win via nearly $2 million in contributions.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by the Free Beacon.
— Senator John Cornyn (@JohnCornyn) June 10, 2019
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Oklahoma teen accused of threatening to shoot ‘400 people for fun,’ officers make chilling find at her home
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House