REPORT: South Korea responds to Trump’s plan to end war games
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
South Korea said on Tuesday that it needs to figure out the “precise meaning” of President Trump’s announcement that he would suspend joint military exercises on the Korean peninsula.
“At this point, we need to find out the precise meaning or intentions of President Trump’s remarks,” a spokesman for the South’s presidential Blue House said, according to Reuters.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump made the announcement after he met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore on Tuesday for the first-ever face-to-face meeting between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean premier.
The two leaders signed an agreement that commits the U.S. to unspecified “security guarantees” in exchange for the eventual denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.
In announcing that he would suspend joint military exercises in the region with South Korea, Trump did away with a sticking point for Pyongyang, which has repeatedly claimed that the drills are merely a pretext for a strike on the North.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- REPORT: Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle take their relationship public (photo)
- Trump Tweet: Will speak to Mexico!
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- BREAKING: Father shares shocking truth about iconic crying migrant girl used in family separation propaganda