REPORT: South Korea responds to Trump’s plan to end war games
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
South Korea said on Tuesday that it needs to figure out the “precise meaning” of President Trump’s announcement that he would suspend joint military exercises on the Korean peninsula.
“At this point, we need to find out the precise meaning or intentions of President Trump’s remarks,” a spokesman for the South’s presidential Blue House said, according to Reuters.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump made the announcement after he met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore on Tuesday for the first-ever face-to-face meeting between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean premier.
The two leaders signed an agreement that commits the U.S. to unspecified “security guarantees” in exchange for the eventual denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.
In announcing that he would suspend joint military exercises in the region with South Korea, Trump did away with a sticking point for Pyongyang, which has repeatedly claimed that the drills are merely a pretext for a strike on the North.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended