REPORT: ‘South Park’ creators offer fake apology to China after reported ban
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
The creators of “South Park” have offered a fake apology to China on Monday after the country reportedly censored the popular television show. The episode “Band in China” tackles the way Hollywood often tailors its content to avoid offending Chinese censors.
The reported censorship comes after China’s national broadcaster, CCTV, announced it would not air preseason NBA games taking place in Shenzhen after a team executive published a tweet supporting pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to the Hollywood Reporter, a search of the social media company Weibo brings up no mention of South Park in “billions of past posts.” Full seasons and clips of the show have also disappeared on Alibaba-owned streaming service Youku.
South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone wrote on Twitter: “Like the NBA, we welcome the Chinese censors into our homes and into our hearts. We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Tune into our 300th episode this Wednesday at 10! Long live the great Communist Party of China. May the autumn’s sorghum harvest be bountiful. We good now China?”
— South Park (@SouthPark) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- DML: First Stop on TEAM DML National Tour announced
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny