REPORT: S&P 500 logs longest win streak since September as trade tensions ease
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by MARKETWATCH.COM:
U.S. stocks closed higher for a fourth session Wednesday, with the S&P 500 in its longest winning streak since Sept. 14, on reports that the U.S. and China have narrowed differences over trade. Minutes from the December’s Federal Open Market Committee meeting, which indicated caution on future interest rate hikes, also helped to buoy sentiment.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.39% DJIA, +0.39% rose 91.67 points, or 0.4%, to 23,879.12, its best series of gains since Nov. 8, while the S&P 500 SPX, +0.41% climbed 10.55 points, or 0.4%, to 2,584.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index COMP, +0.87% advanced 60.08 points, or 0.9%, to 6,957.08.
The article goes on to state the following:
Major indexes ended off intraday highs but the S&P 500 and the Dow are moving closer to levels to exit correction territory.
S&P 500 logs longest win streak since September as trade tensions ease https://t.co/w9PXs2KU2I
— MarketWatch (@MarketWatch) January 9, 2019
The Dow closed 92 points higher, giving back a chunk of an early rally of as much as 198 points. The Nasdaq advanced 0.8%, rallying for the ninth time in 10 days. The S&P 500 posted modest gains, notching its first four-day win streak since September. https://t.co/6qGmzXzK0C
— CNN Business (@CNNBusiness) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit MARKETWATCH.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march