REPORT: S&P 500 logs longest win streak since September as trade tensions ease
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by MARKETWATCH.COM:
U.S. stocks closed higher for a fourth session Wednesday, with the S&P 500 in its longest winning streak since Sept. 14, on reports that the U.S. and China have narrowed differences over trade. Minutes from the December’s Federal Open Market Committee meeting, which indicated caution on future interest rate hikes, also helped to buoy sentiment.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.39% DJIA, +0.39% rose 91.67 points, or 0.4%, to 23,879.12, its best series of gains since Nov. 8, while the S&P 500 SPX, +0.41% climbed 10.55 points, or 0.4%, to 2,584.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index COMP, +0.87% advanced 60.08 points, or 0.9%, to 6,957.08.
The article goes on to state the following:
Major indexes ended off intraday highs but the S&P 500 and the Dow are moving closer to levels to exit correction territory.
S&P 500 logs longest win streak since September as trade tensions ease https://t.co/w9PXs2KU2I
— MarketWatch (@MarketWatch) January 9, 2019
The Dow closed 92 points higher, giving back a chunk of an early rally of as much as 198 points. The Nasdaq advanced 0.8%, rallying for the ninth time in 10 days. The S&P 500 posted modest gains, notching its first four-day win streak since September. https://t.co/6qGmzXzK0C
— CNN Business (@CNNBusiness) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit MARKETWATCH.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting MARKETWATCH.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly