REPORT: Specific state sees surge of absentee ballot requests from black voters
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Georgia county elections offices are reportedly seeing requests for absentee ballots from black voters at a rate not seen since Barack Obama’s first presidential election in 2008.
African-American voters, who make up nearly 30 percent of Georgia’s electorate, account for 41.9 percent of the record amount of absentee ballot requests local county elections offices have seen recently, a local CBS affiliate reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Requests for absentee ballots are reportedly running 131 percent higher this year than in the 2014 midterm elections, possibly driven in part by enthusiasm for the candidacy of Stacey Abrams, a former state lawmaker seeking to become the first black woman elected governor in the U.S.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr’s fate on ‘The Conners’ revealed in season premiere
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- BREAKING: U.S. Treasury senior official arrested, charged with leaking info on ex-Trump advisers
- REPORT: Why dozens of black senior citizens were ordered off a bus taking them to vote (Photos, Video)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- VIDEO: Chief Justice Roberts Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Fight
- BREAKING: Honduran migrant caravan swells to 4,000 as U.S. border crossings spike
- DML offers Trump $50k to favorite charity in exchange for a White House interview
- REPORT: FBI probing Manhattan district attorney’s office
- VIDEO: Democrat senator McCaskill responds to undercover video with fierce allegation, as Part 2 released