REPORT: Specific state sees surge of absentee ballot requests from black voters
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Georgia county elections offices are reportedly seeing requests for absentee ballots from black voters at a rate not seen since Barack Obama’s first presidential election in 2008.
African-American voters, who make up nearly 30 percent of Georgia’s electorate, account for 41.9 percent of the record amount of absentee ballot requests local county elections offices have seen recently, a local CBS affiliate reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Requests for absentee ballots are reportedly running 131 percent higher this year than in the 2014 midterm elections, possibly driven in part by enthusiasm for the candidacy of Stacey Abrams, a former state lawmaker seeking to become the first black woman elected governor in the U.S.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: Boy, 4, dies after being impaled in freak household accident
- REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Singer R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse