REPORT: Speculations swirl as Chris Christie visits the White House
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie visited the White House on Thursday as President Donald Trump considers appointing him as the next attorney general to replace Jeff Sessions.
Two sources who spoke with NBC News said Christie, who previously served as the top federal prosecutor for New Jersey, is being eyed as a potential replacement for Sessions.
NBC News is aware of other potential candidates — and there is no sign that Christie is the front-runner for the job, which Sessions quit Wednesday under pressure from Trump.
The article goes on to state the following:
Christie was at the White House to meet with Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor, Jared Kushner, to discuss prison reform efforts, a White House official told NBC News. The official said there was no meeting scheduled between Trump and Christie but did not rule out the possibility that one would happen.
Former New Jersey governor @GovChristie is at the White House today for a meeting on prison reform invited along with other former US Attorneys. Sources tell me @realDonaldTrump and Christie “each know where they stand”on vacancy at Justice but “Lord knows what will happen next.”
— Kelly O’Donnell (@KellyO) November 8, 2018
Former NJ Gov. Chris Christie is currently at the White House; two people familiar with his visit tell @NBCNews that he is under consideration for US attorney general.
— NBC Politics (@NBCPolitics) November 8, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2018
Trump is considering Chris Christie to replace Jeff Sessions as attorney general. https://t.co/lWkzSqOzho
— CNBC (@CNBC) November 8, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNBC
Trending on DML News
- Border Protection seized enough fentanyl to kill entire population of the United States
- RESEARCH: Number of Muslims in the US; how many are radical; impact on welfare
- REPORT: Mark Meadows views NEW ‘Strzok coverup’ material at DOJ
- POLL: Should Tucker Carlson be fired from Fox News?
- Princess Diana’s death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash
- Cost of open borders exposed in Muslim refugee oath (video)
- Heat wave dubbed the ‘death ridge’ will scorch the southeastern US
- REPORT: Trump vows to ‘end’ Iran amid ‘threats’
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally