REPORT: Stacey Abrams Has Made a Decision About Running for President in 2020: NYT Sources
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
Stacey Abrams, the Georgia politician who captured national attention during her unsuccessful run for governor in 2018, has decided not to run for president after publicly contemplating a bid for months, according to people familiar with her thinking.
Ms. Abrams, a Democrat, will instead put her efforts into preventing voter suppression, including working with state parties in battleground states to more closely monitor voter protection ahead of next year’s general election.
The article goes on to state the following:
The move comes after civil rights groups raised questions about voter suppression and election rigging in Ms. Abrams’ 2018 race against Brian Kemp, a Republican who was Georgia’s secretary of state.
According to political commentator Edward Hardy, “Stacey Abrams is set to announce an expansion of her voting rights group with plans to help train staffers in 20 states this year who will seek to combat voter suppression in the 2020 elections.”
Stacey Abrams is launching a new anti-voter suppression effort in key swing states ahead of the 2020 election https://t.co/5HqQZDTn1V
— Newsweek (@Newsweek) August 13, 2019
Stacey Abrams is set to announce an expansion of her voting rights group with plans to help train staffers in 20 states this year who will seek to combat voter suppression in the 2020 elections
— Edward Hardy (@EdwardTHardy) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Impeachment prediction: Obama will be nailed in the end
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’