REPORT: Starbucks changes bathroom policy to ensure everyone feels ‘more than’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TRAVELANDLEISURE.COM:
While many businesses, if they have a public restroom at all, reserve usage of that facility to paying customers, Starbucks chairman Howard Schultz clarified the company’s policy at an event in Washington D.C. Thursday. According to Schultz, the bathrooms at Starbucks’ roughly 14,000 locations nationwide will be made available to anyone who needs them, whether or not they’re buying coffee.
“We don’t want to become a public bathroom, but we’re going to make the right decision 100 percent of the time and give people the key,” Schultz said at a speaking engagement for think tank the Atlantic Council. “Because we don’t want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are ‘less than.’ We want you to be ‘more than.’ ”
The article goes on to state the following:
The updated bathroom policy is part of the company’s continuing response to criticisms in the wake of the arrest of two black men, Donte Robinson and Rashon Nelson, in a Philadelphia Starbucks back in April. The men were waiting for a business associate to show up and had not ordered anything yet. A manager called the police, accusing the men of loitering in the store. Footage of the incident surfaced on social media, causing public outcry and calls for a boycott of the coffee giant. The city of Philadelphia has since settled with the Robinson and Nelson who asked that any financial compensation be put toward entrepreneurial programs for area youth.
To weigh in on this information provided by TRAVELANDLEISURE.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TRAVELANDLEISURE.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s crackdown on security clearances?
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa