REPORT: Starbucks sued over claims of exposure to potentially fatal pest-control chemicals
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
A group of Starbucks customers in New York City are suing the coffee-shop chain, claiming pest-extermination strips that contain a potentially lethal chemical were used in the company’s Manhattan locations.
The lawsuit alleged that Starbucks cafes “have been permeated with” a pesticide called dichlorvos or 2,2-dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate, better known as DDVP, which is “highly poisonous and completely unfit for use in proximity to food, beverages and people.” It was in the form of no-pest strips, which third-party exterminators and store employees warned managers about to no avail, according to the suit.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Starbucks has intentionally and wantonly exposed its customers to toxic chemicals with a complete disregard for the impact on their customers’ health,” the 10 plaintiffs said in the class action filed in the New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan on Tuesday.
Some say Starbucks locations in Manhattan have routinely used powerful pesticide not meant to be around food — or humans — to control dirty conditions
Exposure may lead to loss of bladder control, muscle tremors, convulsions, paralysis — or even deathhttps://t.co/g1695YnJwz
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) May 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Judge denies DACA student’s request to remain in the country
- REPORT: Deal on Trump border bill looks dim before break
- WARNING: Dramatic bodycam video documents ambush that killed rookie cop
- VIDEO: Trump explains why he talks about a third term
- BREAKING: Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’
- REPORT: Buckingham Palace calls pest control after Queen ‘horrified’ by rodents in royal kitchen
- VIDEO: ‘Police Haters’ Taunt Officers At Scene Of Shooting That Killed Female Cop