REPORT: State becomes 7th to permit assisted suicide
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Gov. Phil Murphy (D) on Friday made New Jersey the seventh state in the nation to permit assisted suicide when he signed a law allowing terminally ill patients to end their life.
Murphy signed the Aid in Dying for the Terminal Act on Friday, which will go into effect on Aug. 1.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Allowing residents with terminal illnesses to make end-of-life choices for themselves is the right thing to do,” Murphy said in a statement. “By signing this bill today, we are providing terminally ill patients and their families with the humanity, dignity, and respect that they so richly deserve at the most difficult times any of us will face.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake