REPORT: State Department warns of dangerous destinations in Mexico for Memorial Day weekend
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by MYSANANTONIO.COM:
Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner and for many South Texans that means escaping to destinations across the border.
The U.S. Department of State is warning road trippers and jet setters visiting Mexico to exercise increased caution and avoid travel in certain places. All 31 states in Mexico currently have warnings in place, while five states are listed as “Do Not Travel” under the Mexico Travel Advisory.
The article goes on to state the following:
The State Department cautions the public of widespread violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking and robbery in Mexico.
According to a report by Forbes, the number of homicides recorded in Mexico in 2016 was more than the combined total number of homicides recorded in every other country abroad. Of the 31 million Americans who visited Mexico in that year, 75 Americans were victims of homicide.
CLICK HERE to see the entire Mexico Travel Advisory published on the State Department website, which includes the following warnings:
Do not travel to:
- Colima state due to crime.
- Guerrero state due to crime.
- Michoacán state due to crime.
- Sinaloa state due to crime.
- Tamaulipas state due to crime.
To weigh in on this information provided by MYSANANTONIO.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting MYSANANTONIO.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)