REPORT: State Department warns stranded Americans about returning: ‘That last bit is all caps’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
The State Department is preparing to evacuate thousands of Americans stranded overseas, with 16 flights scheduled in the next five days and more to follow, officials said Monday.
The officials also said that about 30 State Department employees posted in embassies and consulates abroad have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Small numbers of employees in six U.S. locations — Washington, Houston, Boston, New York, Seattle and Quantico, Va. — have also tested positive.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Consider whether you are ready to ride out an undetermined period of time where you are now, or do you want to go to the United States to wait out events,” a senior State Department official said of the advice he is telling diplomats to advise Americans. “If it’s the latter, do so now, and that last bit is all caps.”
A State Department task force assembled has been working to return 13,500 Americans asking for help home, officials said.
The report states that there are around 10 million American expatriates live in foreign countries. There are also an unknown number of Americans abroad for various reasons.
The State Department has repatriated at least 9,000 Americans, including 800 taken from the site of the virus’ origination, Wuhan, China.
.@StateDept says it has now repatriated more than 9,000 Americans stranded overseas as the coronavirus pandemic led countries to shut their borders and airlines cancelled flights. Y’day, officials said an estimated 13,500 Americans were stuck overseas. Huge progress.
— Nicole Gaouette (@NicoleCNN) March 24, 2020
Let us know so that we can SHARE YOUR OPINION!https://t.co/dPccqY9Kvu
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- REPORT: Actor demands Trump be removed from office over coronavirus handling
- REPORT: Trump grants major disaster declaration for state of Maryland
- REPORT: Every resident of senior home presumed to have coronavirus
- REPORT: Police Officers Rebuke Media Outlet Over Decision On White House Coronavirus Briefings
- BREAKING: Final coronavirus stimulus bill omits several Pelosi wish list items, but keeps a big one IN
- REPORT: CEO of successful restaurant chain gives up salary for year to pay workers during pandemic