REPORT: State files lawsuit in bid to save Obamacare
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh has filed a lawsuit to protect his state from a potential legal decision in Texas that would rule Obamacare unconstitutional.
Frosh, a Democrat, is seeking an injunction that would require Obamacare to continue to be enforced.
The article goes on to state the following:
The suit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland as a countermeasure to the Texas v. United States case pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
In that lawsuit, 20 Republican attorneys general are arguing that because the tax bill signed into law by President Trump late last year would zero out the Obamacare penalties for going uninsured beginning in 2019, the rest of the law must also fall.
It’s possible that the Maryland judge will rule that the Trump administration should keep enforcing the law, while the Texas judge will rule that the Trump administration should cease, Nicholas Bagley, an administrative law expert from the University of Michigan Law School, wrote in a blog post for the Incidental Economist.
This would result in dueling lawsuits that would be settled by higher courts.
New #Maryland lawsuit seeks to protect #Obamacare from Trump administration ‘sabotage’ a week after the latest push to scrap the Affordable Care Act has pressed ahead in #Texas. (From @AP) https://t.co/8ZArQIskrg
— David McFadden (@dmcfadd) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Washington ICE detention center attacker wrote ‘manifesto’ before assault [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Crowd Boos Julian Castro For Refusing To Hold Baby
- DML LIVE: Shocking report from ICE (Mon – July 15)
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez Responds To Washington ICE Attack
- REPORT: DOJ’s Bruce Ohr kept Mueller deputy ‘in the loop’ about anti-Trump dossier
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- NEW: TeamDML launches, feedback we’ve received
- CLAIM: Trump considering ousting another cabinet member