REPORT: State files lawsuit in bid to save Obamacare
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh has filed a lawsuit to protect his state from a potential legal decision in Texas that would rule Obamacare unconstitutional.
Frosh, a Democrat, is seeking an injunction that would require Obamacare to continue to be enforced.
The article goes on to state the following:
The suit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland as a countermeasure to the Texas v. United States case pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
In that lawsuit, 20 Republican attorneys general are arguing that because the tax bill signed into law by President Trump late last year would zero out the Obamacare penalties for going uninsured beginning in 2019, the rest of the law must also fall.
It’s possible that the Maryland judge will rule that the Trump administration should keep enforcing the law, while the Texas judge will rule that the Trump administration should cease, Nicholas Bagley, an administrative law expert from the University of Michigan Law School, wrote in a blog post for the Incidental Economist.
This would result in dueling lawsuits that would be settled by higher courts.
New #Maryland lawsuit seeks to protect #Obamacare from Trump administration ‘sabotage’ a week after the latest push to scrap the Affordable Care Act has pressed ahead in #Texas. (From @AP) https://t.co/8ZArQIskrg
— David McFadden (@dmcfadd) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- BREAKING: Broward officials uploaded results two minutes late, after Scott gained votes, upending entire recount
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez slams reporter who commented on her outfit (PHOTO)
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- BREAKING: Florida prepares to count again by HAND after one candidate gained 865 votes in machine recount
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez complains people keep mistaking her for intern, Twitter users pounce
- VIDEO: First Lady Melania Trump speaks out on ridicule from critics