REPORT: State files lawsuit in bid to save Obamacare
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh has filed a lawsuit to protect his state from a potential legal decision in Texas that would rule Obamacare unconstitutional.
Frosh, a Democrat, is seeking an injunction that would require Obamacare to continue to be enforced.
The article goes on to state the following:
The suit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland as a countermeasure to the Texas v. United States case pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
In that lawsuit, 20 Republican attorneys general are arguing that because the tax bill signed into law by President Trump late last year would zero out the Obamacare penalties for going uninsured beginning in 2019, the rest of the law must also fall.
It’s possible that the Maryland judge will rule that the Trump administration should keep enforcing the law, while the Texas judge will rule that the Trump administration should cease, Nicholas Bagley, an administrative law expert from the University of Michigan Law School, wrote in a blog post for the Incidental Economist.
This would result in dueling lawsuits that would be settled by higher courts.
New #Maryland lawsuit seeks to protect #Obamacare from Trump administration ‘sabotage’ a week after the latest push to scrap the Affordable Care Act has pressed ahead in #Texas. (From @AP) https://t.co/8ZArQIskrg
— David McFadden (@dmcfadd) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: BuzzFeed News editor crushed by Twitter for jab at Trump over Sri Lanka bombings
- VIDEO: Up to 300 teenagers involved in brawl at amusement park
- BREAKING: Nunes files HUGE lawsuit alleging conspiracy to derail Clinton, Russia probes