REPORT: State GOP refuses to seat Democrat until she proves she lived in the state
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Republicans in Pennsylvania have asked Democratic Sen.-elect Lindsey Williams to prove she meets the residency requirements to serve in the state Senate, and may try to block her from taking her seat after her election win last month.
The state constitution holds that lawmakers must live in the state for four years. Senate President Pro-Tempore Joe Scarnati, R., has asked Williams to hand over copies of her driver’s licenses, employment history, tax withholdings, home purchase or rental agreements, among other documents to show she meets that requirement, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
The article goes on to state the following:
In a letter Thursday, Scarnati said he questions Williams’ “qualification to be sworn in to serve in accordance with the constitutional requirements,” and gave her seven days to provide the documents he deemed necessary.
Another story to watch: Pennsylvania Republicans are threatening to deny a senate seat to the Democrat who won it, because they’re not satisfied with her evidence that she moved to the state four years before the election. https://t.co/GwFu1sfLDg
— Dave Weigel (@daveweigel) December 6, 2018
State Senate Republicans have sent a letter asking Lindsey Williams to prove she meets Senate residency requirements. @senatorscarnati says she can draw a salary while matter is reviewed — but if she’s found ineligible, she must return the money. https://t.co/AZcQILI7zn
— Chris Potter (@CPotterPgh) November 29, 2018
PA Repubs are threatening to deny a senate seat to the Dem who won, b/c they’re not satisfied with her evidence that she moved to the state 4yrs before the election.
In Oct, Rs lost their court fight to have her removed from the ballot for the same reasonhttps://t.co/rZHmq417VZ
— Maggie Jordan (@MaggieJordanACN) December 6, 2018
She won a state senate seat in Pennsylvania. Now she has to prove she’s lived in the state for at least four years.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Singer R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- VIDEO: Jussie Smollett disses Donald Trump in leaked video of scrapped ‘Drop the Mic’ episode