REPORT: State primary pushed back due to coronavirus spread
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rhode Island’s presidential primary has been pushed back as the coronavirus outbreak forces the public to stay at home.
Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo reached the decision to delay the contest from April 28 to June 2 based on recommendations by the state’s Board of Elections, she said.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Last week, the Board of Elections requested that the presidential primary election be postponed from April 28 to June 2 and that the election take place primarily by mail ballot. I am following the advice of the Board of Elections, and will sign an executive order to do this,” Raimondo tweeted Monday.
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 23, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- About (ratings)
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results