REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by COURIERPOSTONLINE.COM:
New Jersey Democrats are reviving a controversial effort to force President Donald Trump to release his tax returns or be denied a spot on the state’s 2020 ballot.
The state Senate on Thursday approved a bill — which the Legislature passed once before, in 2017, but which then-Gov. Chris Christie blocked by issuing a scathing veto — that would prohibit candidates for president and vice president from appearing on the ballot unless they make their tax returns public.
The article goes on to state the following:
Similar legislation has been introduced in at least 30 states but never enacted, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures, meaning New Jersey would be the first to impose such a disclosure requirement if its measure is also approved by the Assembly and signed by Gov. Phil Murphy, a Democrat.
A bill would prohibit candidates for president and vice president from appearing on the New Jersey ballot unless they make their tax returns public. https://t.co/b3EHYHBw7u
— MyCentralJersey (@MyCentralJersey) February 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit COURIERPOSTONLINE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting COURIERPOSTONLINE.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway responds to her husbands tweets about President Trump
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Trump could be struck off 2020 ballots in Washington
- REPORT: Actor who fought AGAINST ISIS is having trouble gaining re-entry to U.S.