REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Maryland public school history teachers will add LGBTQ content to high school curricula during the coming years, a lawmaker said.
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) agreed to add “expectations” and implement new standards for high school U.S. history curricula, according to WUSA9. The changes are expected to be made in 2021 or 2022, the publication reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
“When we’re teaching history, we want to make sure we teach all of history, and our history the way we teach it has traditionally left out a lot of Americans,” Montgomery County Democratic state Del. Eric Luedtke said, according to WUSA9. Luedtke said school districts will decide on specific lessons.
“I think these curriculum changes are part of building the more inclusive America that our kids deserve,” Luedtke added. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Daily Caller News Foundation.
As a former history teacher, I know the importance of kids being able to see themselves in the curriculum they’re taught. Thanks to all who signed on!
— Delegate Eric Luedtke (@EricLuedtke) July 31, 2019
Maryland public schools to teach LGBTQ, disability rights history https://t.co/LbXZAjwT15
— WUSA9 (@wusa9) August 15, 2019
Maryland To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools Curricula https://t.co/hVVh38MfLg
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) August 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts