REPORT: State to Require All High School Students to Take Civics Course
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Florida high school students will likely be required to take a civics course in order to graduate. Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis was behind the push to mandate that Florida students have a basic civics education, and a bill mandating civics education is advancing through the state government.
According to a report by the Tampa Bay Times, Florida high school students will be required to take a civics course in order to qualify for graduation. The course will teach students about the values that have shaped American political history.
The article goes on to state the following:
The bipartisan bill advanced in the Florida house on Thursday. Bill co-sponsor Representative Ben Diamond, a Democrat, argued that the course will give students the tools to fully participate in America’s democracy. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis also announced this week that he ordered Florida’s education commissioner to mandate civics courses at public high schools around the state.
In January, Breitbart News reported that DeSantis was moving to remove the Common Core curriculum from Florida public schools.
Governor Ron DeSantis has announced that civics will be a required course for Florida high school students.
This should be a requirement across the country!
— Ryan Fournier (@RyanAFournier) December 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts