REPORT: State votes to restore voting rights to nearly 1.5M convicted felons
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
More than a million convicted felons in Florida had their voting rights restored Tuesday.
Constitutional Amendment 4 — known as the Voting Restoration Amendment — was passed in the state, allowing nearly 1.5 million convicted felons who’ve served out their sentence to vote.
The article goes on to state the following:
The measure doesn’t apply to anyone convicted of murder and felony sex offenses.
Prior to the amendment, convicted felons in the state had to wait five years after serving out their sentence and then apply with the Florida Clemency Board for the right to vote. The governor then needed to personally approve their petition to have their rights restored.
— New York Post (@nypost) November 7, 2018
NEW: In a landmark win for voting-rights advocates, Florida restores voting rights for approx. 1.5 million felons https://t.co/e42lBeNbFN
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) November 7, 2018
Florida voters approve Amendment 4, which says that most felons will automatically have their voting rights restored when they complete their sentences or go on probation. #Election2018 https://t.co/rRL1RYjSwC
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- VIDEO: Chris Kyle’s Iraqi interpreter gets US citizenship, has something say about Trump’s immigration policy
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband goes after Trump on potential re-election
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks